The Epilogue—The Glass Wall

 This is the epilogue of The Glass Wall, I'll talk about how did I come up with this story.


THE GLASS WALL

Sometimes I think that there's a glass wall between me and other people, particularly my classmates. I don't know why, maybe I think I'm not close to them. But like Dawn, I don't really consider it to be a problem. 

So, I give Dawn the glass wall. However, it seems really weird. I have to add some extra functions to this glass wall to make sure that Dawn has a regular life.


THE GIRL

You might remember the girl who talks to Dawn. She thinks the glass wall is not good, like the teacher.

As a side note, I'm an aspie. And some of my friends (or my friends' parents) consider Asperger syndrome to be worse than it really is. So many Girls.


THE TEACHER

The teacher in the story is actually my English teacher, and she is—well, extremely noisy. If you ask her to turn down the volume, she will always say no. Her voice can shake the table, the floor and me, so I write down "she spurred my heart to beat like hers", then I found the sentence fits the story... sarcastically.

My teacher has black hair too, but her hair is short. I want some changes.


PIECES OF BROKEN GLASS

The explosion means "the wrong help". At school, some teachers want to "help" me, they talk to me, they have meetings, they even borrow my workbook without letting me know. But I don't need their help at all, in fact, their help makes things worse. Talking to them makes me nervous, though I don't get nervous easily. They don't give my workbook back, because they can't find it after the meeting, and they don't apologize to me. 

They may mean to help, but their ways are entirely wrong.


GETTING CROWDED

Some people think that the teachers' help isn't very bad. One of my friends says that the teacher is "an enthusiastic person". My mom thinks they have rights to "borrow" my things without my consent. They become the cheerful crowd.


ABOUT DAWN

Dawn is a highly sensitive person. The glass wall protects her by blocking light and sound so she doesn't know how sensitive she is.

You might ask "why is Dawn ten years old?" I just decide it randomly. Dawn is still a kid, but I want her to be old enough to remember this.

At first, Dawn was named "Helena". The name comes from A Midsummer Night's Dream, and I've taken Helena in the play. But I soon come up with the name Dawn, a name that I always want to put in a story.



Comments

Popular Posts